Monday, August 10, 2009

Back at the keyboard

Being without the laptop for nearly a week - well, it was an experience. I even got my email fixes via L's work computer, but no surfing or anything because he has his machine pretty well locked down.

I've been on vacation and there are no workmen so not too much new to review. I did some paper mockups for the backsplash design, don't know why I'm so unable to commit to a design and then order tile. Here are some that I did up last week. You can see that they are all variations on a theme. Turns out the electrical switches and outlets will be pretty disruptive to any sort of complicated pattern.

1. Bottom Border Only;


2. Close to Center, Aligned


3. Top & Bottom, Aligned


4. Top & Bottom, Alternating


The decoratives won't actually be lime green. That's just the color of the highlighter.

I have done some cutout of subway tile and will do some mockups of that tomorrow. That would involve a larger decorative, 3x3.

One of the stairway guys will be submitting a revised bid for the finish work on that. So, the "raw" hardwoods won't get done until the guy starts work on stairs, as the stair treads will be hardwood also.

No comments: