Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Porcelain Puzzles and the Microwave Cave

I did not notice this before, in the store, or during preliminary placement on Friday, but it's clear now. Do you see it?


The smaller tiles are lighter than the larger ones! I don't think it's a problem - it adds some interest to the floor. And, it's not a homogenous floor anyway, there are striations in the design to mimic stone. But I can't believe I didn't see it before.

We got the microwave to fit the smaller spot. We're not actually using it yet, but we did test it by heating up some water. I'm sure it has all sorts of fancy features that I will never figure out, much like the current one. Here you can see how the cave door comes over it...

Tomorrow, cabinet guy comes to install the wire assembly that should have been in it initially, plus fix some other minor issues. Tomorrow night, L wants us to start populating the new cabinets and work on clearing Living Room ASAP.

Whoo-hoo!

No comments: