Monday, July 6, 2009

Piles of Tiles

There are some updates.

Cabinet Guy actually HAD ordered the blind corner unit, and received it. He just FORGOT to put it in.

We bought a smaller-size microwave for that shelf and will deduct it from his final invoice. That was his suggestion, but it was really the only option. The other option would be a complete redo of that wall of cabinets and possibly losing the broom closet on the opposite end.

There are some other "punchlist" items in addition to these. His crew will be here on Wednesday to fix all this.

In other news, the tile floor is mostly done (pix from Friday, and today). I guess there is a small fix on that tomorrow, and then the whole thing needs to be grouted. L went to buy a few extras for when somebody drops a pot of spaghetti on floor and cracks a tile. You know it's going to happen sooner or later.



I was looking at possible table runners for the sideboard. Having STILL not decided on the backsplash, I thought I would maybe try to find something Mission / Arts & Crafts / Craftsman. Not everything had to be Irish/Celtic.

I found this place with textiles, vases, art, etc. all reproductions of period pieces. So I go to the place for table runners, and I see a tiny thumbnail of a pattern called "Sage". Well, we've been playing around with the sage idea all through the house. I pull it up and OMG... (click to enbiggen)


I can't believe how Celtic and sagey and Art Deco-y this looks. I also liked this one:



Dark red seems to be the recurring accent color in a lot of places. House exterior, our bedroom, probably in the Kitchen, too. This has sage and dark red. I simply don't know what to do. I love both of these, but they are both quite elaborate.

What do you think?

No comments: