Thursday, December 31, 2009

Terrific tile and taupey walls

Several of you have already seen the Celtic tiles in place, but here are the official pix.

We are beside ourselves with how well they turned out, how well the colors "go", it was just marvelous. In fact, the Contractor that installed them - he also did other tilework in the house, plus all the framing and hardwood floor installation (someone else did the finishing), came by the day after Christmas to photograph them for his portfolio. It looks that good.

EDITED TO ADD: I should source the tiles: http://www.earthsongtiles.com - a small studio in British Columbia. The pricing on tiles was amazing and they absolutely turn the Kitchen from functional into the centerpiece of the remodel.

I started this post on New Year's Eve, but it's taken me a couple days to get around to finishing it - I'm not sure what day will timestamp on this, but I might see if I can figure out how to correct it.

We finally painted the Kitchen (what little wall there IS in Kitchen) and Dining Room. The color is a taupey color, which supposedly has a hint of green, but I don't really see it yet. Walls have been sitting with white primer on them for months and there was already smudges etc. The paint instantly warmed up the room by removing the sterile white. It's actually pretty subtle on-camera, and a little more noticeable in person. I don't know that you can really pick it up in the before-and-after pix. Maybe if you double-click to open up the pix...


Eiko was helping by trying to hit a paintbrush, catching a painted wall instead and leaving tiny little tracks on the tile. She then had an immediate footbath, which apparently she did not enjoy in the slightest.

Finally - I'm not sure how these are gonna work online. These are panorama shots of the before and after of the kitchen (this was before we did the painting). I don't know if you can scroll across to see the whole thing or not. One of them for some reason is a lot shorter than the other so they don't compare straight across. I may try this again.

No comments: